Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What the new journey is all about....

One of the consequences of chemotherapy is going bald. Well, I still look kind of cool, right? The hair will come back eventually.

I have made oblique references to a "new journey" in my column, Monday Starters, in recent weeks. Those who know me connected immediately. Many readers wrote in with their concern and encouragement and I am deeply touched.

Although I do not intend to give a blow-by-blow account, I hope, through my continued writing, I will be able to share the experiences.

As you can see from this blog, I am a cancer survivor. I battled cancer twice, once in 1999 and another time in 2006. I wrote a little book which went through 5 editions and printed 12,000 copies which were freely circulated at cancer wards and various cancer support groups and through many individuals.

My life has been a real blessing and even though such trials and tribulations are not what we want in our lives, I also hope that through them, God's name will be glorified, and others will be blessed as well.

Do feel free to download the pdf versions on the right. Most people are already saying I must write a new book after this. I will certainly consider it, although so many have felt a book of Monday Starters might be a bestseller. :)

I will try and update this blog when I can.

God Bless You All.

2 comments:

the raconteur said...

Hi

I've been following your column since my school days abroad.
Will pray for you as you continue your battle against cancer.
I just want to let you know that your writing have made an impact in the way I think. If there's a Yasmin Ahmad in journalism, you're probably one =)
Thanks.

Yours Faith-fully said...

Hi Sze

I am still trying to figure out this comments page on my blog. I am not sure if I reply here, you will get the reply. If possible, do email me direct at ewejin@gmail.com so I email a proper response back to you. Anyway, thanks for your note and your kind wishes.